Sunday, March 29, 2015

While I wait for my friend to visit again

Wow a lot has been going on and as I learn more about how my body responds to all of the uproar that is chemo, I am thankful for my friends and family. My mom generally stays on Friday nights and we do our grocery shopping and cooking / food prep and occasionally get to do something fun. This week Friday was hard on my body, and my dear mom took all my comments and frustration in stride. In other words I wasn't so much fun. She is  making things so much easier during my inconvenient recovery delays. Hard to believe there is anything that can take this kind of toll on the body. And the worst is that it can be something I eat, forgetting a part of my medication routine, or just overdoing things that can  cause me to have to have a little time out. Once the bland eating, rest induced routine is reestablished, I feel better- So boring!
On another note, my silly husband has shaved his head in my honor! Yes after some teary time, I am done with the hair loss and my husband and I should be sporting some very short cuts this fall for our 10th anniversary! Well That will make it special, as will the fact that we can be together thanks to the miracles of science. It is so amazing all the modern miracles that still occur in the cancer world- I mean the survival statistics are impressive with the types of treatments/medicines/surgeries that continue to keep me looking forward to the future.
I'm so glad I had a chance to get you caught up on some of my thoughts, and thank you for reading this and following along.
I'll have another treatment on Thursday so I'll talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment