Friday, May 29, 2015

Live for today


I have noticed these last few months that I am more thankful for all the little things, every day. Until the possibility of not being able to do things, I sort of took for granted some little things in my life. Exercising with my friends at work, running the roto tiller and working hard in the garden,  traveling to touristy spots, going to the swap meet and weaving through the crowds for deals. Yes all of those things have been put on hold, and I may not get to ever run the machinery again, but I am still hopeful.

Now I garden lightly, for short amounts if time but really enjoy that feeling of accomplishment as I eliminate weeds and help the plants grow. Lots of times I take breaks after a few short minutes. With this chemo, the sensitivity to sunlight really seems to drain me. But, I return after rehydrating, and do a little more, then call it good enough for the day. The good part about staying home a lot is that I am home to do more of things that have been occasionally neglected in past years! I have been able to make a few quilts, organize the seeing room, cook more, and take some online classes the through the library.

My parents taught us that there is Always a silver lining in whatever comes our way, we just have to look for it. On to that I would add that we should do things whenever we have a chance and not put things off for another day.  We cannot predict if tomorrow might be filled with a new set of opportunities, so live for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment