Friday, June 5, 2015

Cute Summer Attitudes

What a beautiful day today!
I had lots of work to do for my job, so the day went quickly before my treatment. I logged of the computer, took my antihistamine and applied my lidocaine cream and rushed to my appt. I found a close parking spot nearby- Score! It was a short walk to the center and I felt wonderful in the sun, wearing sandals and a cute summery outfit to make my day fun!
Seems like the summer season has begun as the "check in" lady was out- back to the front desk I went,  but I was not the only one- there was a kind woman ahead of me, too, so as we went to the alternate location, I again encouraged her to go ahead of me to check in. I mean she was So Sweet! And I was able to have exactly the right amount of time to process a forgotten payment fill out some forms and answer when they called me back- whew!

I was able to get started almost right away today, and it did not seem as busy as usual. Funny how it still takes time between punching the port and actually administering the drug- so I am blogging as I wait! I'll have to find a nice way to inquire about if there is a waiting protocol toake it less stressful on the body.  Oh I just heard my gal say she can hang me- Very exciting!
The nurses are in a visiting kind of mood today, or maybe my super cute outfit is making everyone want to be around me, and sharing stories? The thing I like is that they do a great job of making all the patients feel comfortable, and relaxed while we are being infused. I know it must sound weird, but I Do sort if look forward to my treatments so I can catch up in the shared information/stories.

I see that when I and the nurses are chattering away the other patients may just feel a bit better too. I remember my dad having the gift of mood lightening where ever he went and I can only hope to attain his expertise as I have more experiences in my life. If I can brighten a few outlooks on my way through my days, I feel fulfilled, too. I have found that battling cancer is something that most of us will have a connection to through a friend or family member, or our own diagnosis,  and with positive experiences shared it may just make someone else feel better too. Hooking up now, so I'll talk to you again next week!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Donna, thank you so much for the plain-spoken eloquence of your posts. I just finished reading them, from the start to latest post. I enjoyed hearing about your run through the gamut of emotions and challenges and how you have managed to find positive lessons throughout your journey. I'm facing my own health challenges these days and find your words are both comforting and inspirational. Love you, cuz! Sonny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonny! I hope whatever you are experiencing gets better soon too! Miss you and if u r going to the reunion, give everyone hugs from me and mama and peter!

      Delete