Friday, June 19, 2015

Look Good, Feel Great!

I signed up for a class today through the ACS, called Look Good Feel Better, and it got me thinking about other ways that we refer to this scenario. Dress for success, plan to succeed, and especially the feeling we get when someone says "You look great today!" I know this can make Me feel good, even if I'm not having such a good day.  Somehow if someone else believes in us with encouragement and a kind word, we really do get some warm feeling and a little boost! Some people have a hard time accepting a compliment, and I'll admit I had to practice saying Thank you, rather than denying their words or otherwise negating that feeling they gave me. I have found that when I intentionally look my best it is easier to be ok with the compliments, or even acknowledge my own feeling that Yes, I do look good today- on purpose! How uplifting it is, and I believe we really can feel better, or even Great!

These days we can all use a little help in the feeling good area. With many of us bogged down and/or stressed out with juggling work, families and our own activities, it sure helps to receive a compliment or a kind word from anyone!

With that, I would like to ask all of you who read my blog to give lots of compliments, to anyone you see.  It takes practice to notice some small detail about each person around us, and even more practice to voice those kind words to people we don't know. We all have an opportunity to brighten someone's day and by doing so We also feel better!
Thanks for stopping by to visit while I waited for my treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment