Thursday, July 2, 2015

Whoopsie-Last weeks impression

Interesting people we meet

How fun it is to initiate a conversation and find a friend. As I waited to be called back to treatment I noticed a woman reading a hardcover book. I merely asked her if it was good and our time started to pass very quickly. Have you ever noticed how much more pleasant waiting can be when you have an interesting topic and someone to share it with? I can tell you that I rarely mind waiting if I am in good company!
My new friend was also a member of a book club, and to my delight, lives near to me, too. We were aw to be "seated" together for our respective treatments after kidding the nurse about how we wanted to visit longer . My infusion routine was much different than hers, so we talked about our diagnoses and also about nutrition , gardening, spouses, local places we like to frequent, touched on grandchildren and generally lifted each other up with our time together.
So we never know how waiting for something may provide a hidden benefit, or in my case a new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment