Thursday, July 2, 2015

Waiting for the weekend to begin

Waiting for the weekend to begin

I woke up today to the sun shining through my window, and had 2 whole minutes before the alarm was to go off. As I re-shut my eyes to enjoy every second of rejuvenation, I had a chance to be thankful for another beautiful day! As my mind began to focus I started planning my day, and my 3 day weekend!
Do you wake up with your mind racing through all that needs to be done for the day? Mine always has I think, and it makes me revv up from the time I open my eyes. Shower, coffee, dog, work- that is my morning routine. As I savor my first cup, I lay out the day in my head and sometimes make my lists, if there are just too many things to think about swirling around in there at once. I make lists to be able to prioritize all the things I want to either start or finish, and grocery lists, of course. What a great feeling to be able to mark something off and feel that burst of accomplishment to fuel me towards the next item on the list.
Along that line of crossing things off is that today is the 10th of the12 treatments in this round of chemo! I am hoping my visit with the Dr in a few minutes provides good results and I am able to continue without a break. I mean I am So Close to moving on to a recovery break, then the final step, radiation. I feel confident that I will Win this race. Not that the next part is something to really look forward to, but the forward progress is!
The nurses, as always, are cheery and very welcoming when I arrive, and fit me in almost immediately to get my labs drawn. And now I wait for my appointment with the Dr.
This waiting room could use a little festive feel right about now, but I hesitate to intrude on one couple as she does not appear to feel well, or maybe she is just opting for a quiet moment with her eyes closed. Her husband is by her side and though the support is admirable, some woman act differently around their spouse- maybe we all mirror the company we keep? I always hope others will mirror my optimism, or if I appear in need of a little boost, they can  offer some energy to me! After all, we are all on this earth together, so why not do whatever we can to make our days bright and our outlook sunny!
I hope I have given you a ray of sunshine and some interesting topics to ponder- make it a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment