Friday, May 1, 2015

A new type of treatment starring today! Hooray?


The best part about starting my new taxol treatments is that I am that much closer to August when I will be done with chemo and on my way to radiation therapy. Now I know that doesn't sound great, but to me the forward progress is noteworthy.  The doctors told me upon diagnosis that it would be a year or more before "normal" life can resume, and I know it is true, now.
Living in my life these days makes me marvel at our wonderful ability to adapt to our current situations, whatever they may be. Sometimes we adapt because of good things too- the birth of a child, the start of a class, a marriage. Life changing events are just that, life changing. Depending on how you respond can make a huge difference in the way others respond too. So with this "event" of mine, I am choosing to pass my time pleasantly, with a look to my future normal in mind, knowing that my responses effect others in my life.  I try to share my experience with others, so that if they are ever have to deal with this type of change, they might also present a positive outlook. We all have to change sometimes, and no matter the outcome, we grow stronger from the experience.
We are all amazing !

No comments:

Post a Comment