Thursday, April 16, 2015

What is Normal


Funny how these days it feels so special when I get to do normal things. After my surgery, feeling normal again was lifting my hands overhead and blessedly being able to sleep on my stomach if I wanted to.  With these chemo treatments, normal is my week after, when I don't have to keep taking anti-nausea meds, steroids and shots, and start to have more energy to do  normal things again.
Yesterday I got to go with my friends from work to a painting class, played some puttputt golf and had some laughs over dinner. What a rejuvenating day!
I had not thought about how the semi isolation from things had really been something so different in my life. I mean I don't do all that much, but it was more than these days! Most activities are best enjoyed in the company of good friends.  I do enjoy sewing, gardening, and paper crafting by myself most of the time, but realize I love to take classes and share my passions with others, too. So I think I will add some classes to attend in my near future.  With the usually smaller groups of people. I can still maintain my mostly anti germ, bubble like existence and sprinkle some rewarding, rejuvenating events to help the treatment regiment time pass more quickly.
So while I wait for the nurses to "hook me up" today, I will wish you all some happy times with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment