Wednesday, October 12, 2016

One foot forward

Sometimes I feel like one step forward, two steps back.
Recently I stepped outside my comfort zone, and had the chance to travel to Denver to learn rock climbing. From that experience, I gained some perspective into my life, and realized I had been neglecting my adventurous, and somewhat outdoorsy self. I got back into a vigorous exercise routine, and even returned to Scandanavian folk dancing.  Oh the feeling of twirling! Accomplishment, once again driving me forward to embrace or muddle through much needed home projects, a rekindled social life, and an occasional girls night out to keep me looking forward to what rewards await After the chores are done.
I dont even want to think about the communication issues I am experiencing with my husband of almost 11 years, and how i am not sure whether we will continue to grow older together. I don't want to recognize that my mom's health seems to be declining, or how my foot pain could be early signs of a serious problem.
In my mind, at least for now, I will keep putting one foot in front of the other, and remember the exhilarating feel of the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment