Saturday, December 31, 2016

My baby Anna

36 years ago at about this time I was fixing Efren' s breakfast and packing his lunch as always. I remember his instruction to have the baby Today, but i ๐Ÿ˜Žonly explained I had no control over these things, and the baby will come when it's ready!
 I felt a bit queezy, and couldn' wait to go lay down. he soon left for work, and I went to take a nap, hoping my rather large belly would settle down as I waited for the main event. I had no idea that you were trying to tell me it was time!๐Ÿ˜†
Around 8:30 I awoke from a restful sleep, and realized that these cramps were puzzling, and feared something was going on, that was not like the normal pregnancy discomfort. I didn't really believe I was in labor, because my due date was not until Jan 8th. I had asked the doctor, "How will I know?" several times, and he assured me that when I was truly in labor, there would be No Doubt about it!
 I started noticing that feeling a few more times, so thought it was time to call my mom and dad, so they could take me to get checked, thinking probably this was that false labor that the books talked about.
Mom and Dad soon arrived, and I invited them in for a visit, thinking these feelings would soon pass, but felt better with their presence, just in case.
I did a bit of housework, and my mom Sat with me as I cleaned the bathroom sink. I thought it wise to time what I now believed to be contractions, thinking that is probably the first question they will ask, when I arrive at the hospital. Let's just say there was little doubt as to what was happening now!
Mom used my Dads wristwatch for the official timing, and the first test showed 3 minutes apart. To confirm, as I was lifted into my toes with the next one, yup, 3 minutes-Holy Crap, we gotta go NOW!
I remember fairly rolling myself into the backseat of dad's 78 Thunderbird, and he took off for Lakewood General. I remember hoping we would make it in time, and as we neared So Tacoma way, I realized we would cross the railroad tracks, and slightly feared the "flight",as with this speed, the dip just may be my undoing! yup, quite a thrill added to the journey.
I was wheeled into a room around 11:30 and immediatly prepped, connected to monitors, and hooked up to the IV drip with patosin. My mom was by my side the whole time. She  was very intrigued with the monitorung, and shared each ride of the contractions. 
Patosin made me hurl, which i think ultimately deepened the strength of the contractions. I remember trying to sleep in between them, just to prepare. Before long, I felt the uncontrollable urge to Push. 
I told Mom to Get the Nurse! and after watching another contraction pass on the monitor, she did. 
Such efficiency, these nurses really knew what to do, and after checking me, called the doctor. I remember trying to be patient and hoping he would arrive in time, cause this baby was Coming Out!
The doctor arrived just in time, of couse, and the team guided me through the delivery part. My mom had the honor of cutting the cord, and shared the news that I had delivered a beautiful little girl! My heart soared as I watched them clean my little pink bundle, and tears of joy ran down our faces!
So Anna was born at 3:41 pm, 9lbs, 2 oz, 21 inches long, if my memory serves me correctly. I wanted to share my story here, on in the blog, so that if the memory ever starts to fade, we will still have our story of the most amazing day of my life! 
Happy Birthday Anna Maria!
Love JoMama

No comments:

Post a Comment