Monday, August 8, 2016

Camp Courage 2016

I have the opportunity to attend Camp Courage🦁, a program through my work that is designed to help cancer survivors get back to a more normalized life, and make some new friends we might never have met.
The event is held this time outside of Denver, and I and 2 other survivors will be taught rock climbing!😮
As I waited for the Start of 'camp' I visited a family friend and got to know her better. That was the best part of my trip, being able to build a lasting relationship! From her house I toured Estes Park and took a leisurely Sunday drive down to Black Hawk. What a beautiful, cool drive through the mountain pass!
I awoke early and decided to tour the Denver Mint, learning all about the manufacture of coins and the jobs we provide by hording coins, as collectors. Nice to know we are doing our part to build the economy.
I am currently waiting to coordinate with my fellow passengers, and having fun taking pics for people on the chairlift display. ahhh the scrapbooker in me can't pass an opportunity to build memories!😆TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment